Wildfire Season Preparedness Tips
Should a wildfire start in your area you will need to be able to move quickly and efficiently. You may have to leave your home to stay safe. Have different escape routes planned out from your home or community. Make sure to understand the procedure your community follows when making your emergency preparedness plan.
- Emergency Supplies
- Go kit: (3) days of supplies
- Stay at home kit: (2) weeks of supplies for home confinement/stay
- 1-month supply of medication in child proof container
- Keep personal, financial, and medical records in safe, fireproof container.
- Communication Plan
- Sign up for local government emergency alerts
- Obtain back up battery/ies for any mobile devices
- Obtain a battery-powered radio
- Monitor weather conditions near you
- Emergency Skills
- First-aid training
- CPR training
- Be ready for no power. Plan for your needs, including cell phones and medical equipment.
- Download American Red Cross Wildfire Safety Checklist: https://bit.ly/Wildfire-Safety-American-Red-Cross
Link to current California Wildfire incidents: https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/.